We are leading manufacturers of Speciality Chemicals & Ion Exchange Resins, with more than forty years of experience in catering to a vast number of industries like Textile, Paper, Leather, Agro/Fertilizer, Paint, Construction, Dyestuff, Waste Water treatment, Thermal Power Plants, Petrochemicals complex etc. We have a wide network of offices & agents spread across the nation, with three production facilities in Maharashtra and two R & D laboratories. We were formerly known as Nopco India Ltd., Diamond Shamrock (I) Ltd. & Henkel Chemicals (I) Ltd.
Qualification & Experience - The candidate should ideally possess a Bachelor’s in Chemistry OR Masters in Organic Chemistry from a reputed institute with 5 to 7 years industry experience, with around 3 to 5 years in Purchase Department of a reputed medium sized chemical firm. Exceptionally good candidates with direct experience in chemical purchasing with a company of repute but having different background can also be considered.
Job Responsibilities Includes (but not limited to) :
- Develop and Maintain vendor list.
- Coordinate with factory and ensure timely delivery of materials.
- Order material and follow up with vendors in case of delayed delivery or any other unforeseen event.
- Investigate current vendors & find new suppliers to further strengthen company’s purchasing department.
- Relentless effort to reduce raw material costs by finding alternate suppliers.
- Devise an excellent strategic action plan for penalizing incompetent suppliers.
- Strong knowledge of import documentation.
Essential Skills :
- Very tough Negotiator.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Well conversant with Import Export regulations.
- Presentable, smart and quick to respond.
- A good commercial acumen and ability to deal with senior people in industry.
Besides the above, the candidate must be able to work independently, should be hard working and must have good acumen of inventory control for engineering items. The candidate residing in or near Lower Parel vicinity will be given preference.
For above position, a pleasing personality, excellent oral and written communication skill, ability to deliver within time frame and budget, ability to work under pressure, and meeting the deadlines and tight schedules are the pre-requisites. Candidate must possess basic knowledge of computers such as MS office, Email.
Excellent career prospects & attractive remuneration is assured. Candidates must clearly indicate on their resume the position for which they are applying and one page A4 size note as to why they think they are suitable for post applied for.
142 / C Victor House, N.M. Joshi Marg,
Lower Parel (W), Mumbai -13
Tel: 022-40632600 ; Fax: 022-40632627/72